Librarians Through The YearsMiss Maggie Ferguson 1905-1906
Mrs. Ernest Adams 1906-1910
Gertrude Emery 1910-1911
Dema George 1911-1917
A.W. Spencer 1917-1917
Lucy Kellogg 1917-1919
Agnes Clark 1920-1921
Florence Hawley 1921-1923
Mary Priess 1923-1935
Laura Chambers 1935-1966
Milton Lefler 1966-1973
Carroll Highfill 1973-1980
Margretta Perry 1980-1982
Sandy Johnson 1982-1993
Karen Hopkins 1993-Present
The Douglas Library came into being on March 4, 1905 and the current building was built in 1968.
During the fiscal year of 2005-2006 our total circulation was 119,353 and we had a total of 60,828 items, including books, DVDs, compact discs, magazines, audio books and more in our library collection. There were also 103,010 library visitors during this time who came to check out material, use and print off the internet, use the reference materials and many who came to the Library programs and events.
Converse County Library System - providing a wealth of resources to make a positive difference in the lives of our patrons.
Honoring the past, serving the present, embracing the future.
Converse County Library is located at 300 Walnut St. Douglas, WY
The Glenrock Branch is currently located at 518 S. 4th St., Glenrock, WY
Renewals, Requests, and Information
To renew items, request materials, general information or to speak to the library director, please call 307-358-3644.