Carson, Pansy Lenora (Stevens) (July 7, 1901 - February 25, 1993)
Pansy Lenora (Stevens) Carson
Douglas Budget - March 3, 1993Funeral services for Pansy Lenora (Stevens)Carson, 91, were held March 1 at 2 p.m. at the Converse Funeral Chapel in Douglas with Rev. Delbert Dick of the American Missionary Fellowship officiating. Interment was in the Douglas Park Cemetery.
Mrs. Carson died Feb. 25, 1993, at Michael Manor in Douglas.
She was born July 7, 1901, at Page, Neb., the daughter of Logan Wilson and Rose Etta (Lingle) Stevens.
As a small child she, her parents, and brother, Jim, moved from Page to Broadwater, Neb. They resided on a homestead there for several years.
She was educated here, graduating from the Broadwater High School, and then she attended college at Kearney, Neb., to become a teacher.
She taught several years at Broadwater and North Point, Wyo., near the Carson ranch. She was united in marriage on March 18, 1924, to Harold T. Carson. To this union was born three children, Dale, Vivian, and Arlone.
She was a member of the Douglas Homemakers Club, the Converse County CowBells, and the Congregational United Church of Christ in Douglas.
She liked gardening, needlework, and she loved her cats.
She is survived by her husband, Harold, of Douglas, a resident of Michael Manor; son and daughter-in-law, Dale and Mary Jane of Douglas; daughters, Vivian Arms of Maryville, Tenn., Arlone Hild and son-in-law, Ray Hild of Littleton, Colo.; grandson, Greg and wife, Alison and three great-granddaughters of Rangely, Colo.
She was preceded in death by her parents; brother, James Stevens; and grandson, Rusty Hild.
Serving as pallbearers were Orville Nicholls, John McIntosh, Ronald Coe, Dave Thomson, Rocky Spracklen, and Bill Henry.
Serving as honorary pallbearers were Elmer Spracklen, Eddie Moore, Vern Moore, Frank Moore, Chuck Spracklen, Bob Manning,, Durward Robertson, Mike Henry, Dick Hornbuckle, and Gene Hardy.
A memorial to the Douglas Senior Citizens Center would be appreciated by the family.
The Converse Funeral Chapel of Douglas was in charge of the arrangements.